Legacy Grant Application Available
Click Here to Download the Legacy Grant Application
Through the Marcellus Legacy Fund distributed to Susquehanna County, the Commissioners have dedicated funding to implement a Mini Grant Program. This program will provide mini-grants to projects that support and advance the goals and objectives of the Marcellus Legacy Fund. The use of these funds include acquisition, development and repair of greenways, recreation trails, open space, natural areas, community conservation and beautification projects, community and heritage parks and water resource management. Mini-Grants require a 50% local match in the form of cash and/or eligible non-cash (in-kind) services.
• In-kind match - the value of municipal labor and/or professional services is equal to the hourly billable rate multiplied by the number of hours performing that service or job. The value of volunteer in-kind will be valued at the current Independent Sector Volunteer Rate for Pennsylvania at the time the work was performed please visit http://www.independentsector.org/volunteer_time
for current volunteer value.
• Applicants must provide proof of match commitment.
Deadline to Apply is August 31,2021
The Marcellus Legacy Fund Mini-Grant Program is a reimbursement-funding program. Costs should be described in the budget and will be paid only to the extent that they are incurred by the Grantee in performance of the Projects Scope of Work. Awardees can receive three reimbursement distributions in conjunction with submission of Phased project reports.
• Grant Round Opens: August 1, 2021
• Application Deadline: August 31, 2021
• Grant Awards Announced: September 8, 2021
For questions about this program call:
Who is eligible?
Eligible applicants include non-profit organizations with tax-exempt status 501(c)(3), municipalities and educational institutions.
Non-profit organizations must submit proof of non-profit status and be registered with the PA Department of State Bureau of Charitable Organizations.
What kind of project is eligible?
Eligible projects should advance the Goals and Objectives of the Marcellus Legacy Fund.
All projects must be located within Susquehanna County.
• The application can be downloaded from the Susquehanna County Website. (www.susqco.com
• Application narratives should be clear and concise.
• The application can be submitted by mail, email or in person.
• When submitting by email, all required supporting documents should be attached as a PDF documents and should be identified as your application’s documents.
Deadline for Submission:
• Email application submissions:
o Electronic applications must be received by 3:00 pm on August 31. Subject Line should read “2021-2022 MLF Mini Grant Application.”
o Email application to Rebekah Hubbard at email@example.com
o All applicants will receive an email confirmation of receipt of application. If you do not receive this email you need to contact us by phone at 570-278-6600 to ensure that your application was received and will be considered.
• Mail or hand delivery:
o If you are unable to submit the application electronically, the completed application and required documents may be mailed or hand delivered in enough time for the application to be received at Susquehanna County Courthouse, Office of Chief Clerk, Rebekah Hubbard (address on page 1) no later than 3:00 pm on August 31, 2021.
o Mailed or hand delivered applications received after this date and time will not be considered.
• Identify projects that support the purpose, vision, and goals of the Marcellus Legacy Fund.
• Secure local match at a minimum of 50% (can be cash and/or in-kind services).
• Provide letters of commitment from partners providing local match; letters should describe the type of program assistance, match amount and how that partner is contributing to the success of the project.
• Demonstrate the ability to complete project on time and within budget.
• Submit application on time by 3:00 pm on August 31, 2021.
• For non-profit applicants; provide current proof of IRS 501(c)3 non-profit status and registration with the PA Bureau of Charitable Organizations
Renters MAY be eligible for up to 12 months of rental and utility assistance.
FOR MORE INFORMATION/APPLICATIONS
IF YOU LIVE IN Middletown, Auburn, Bridgewater, Brooklyn, Choconut, Dimock, Forest Lake, Franklin, Jessup, Lathrop, Lenox, Liberty, Little Meadows, Montrose, Hop Bottom, Friendsville, Rush, Silver Lake, Springville, Apolacon,
Please contact Trehab at 570-278-5289 or 1-800-982-4045 ext. 5289
IF YOU LIVE IN New Milford Borough, Ararat, Oakland, Great Bend, Forest City, Clifford, Hallstead, Lanesboro, New Milford Twp, Gib-son, Great Bend, Harford, Harmony, Herrick, Jackson, Susquehanna, Thompson and Uniondale,
Please contact Susquehanna County Housing/Redevelopment Authority at 570-278-5401