Lyme Disease Prevention By Dr. Daniel Cameron
Date: April 15, 2023, 11:00 AM - 1:00PM
Location: Blue Ridge High School Auditorium
Address: 5150 School Road, New Milford, PA 18834
The County invites you to this free presentation. Please join us to learn more about this debilitating disease and how to protect you and your loved ones!
Q&A to follow.
The Susquehanna County Tick Borne Disease Task Force hosted presentation held April 27th 2019 at the Mountain View High School. The first presentation is by Michele Cassetori, VP Director of Education and Outreach with PA Lyme Resource Network followed by a second presentation by Dr. Daniel J. Cameron, M.D. of Mt. Kisco, NY.
The presentation can be viewed here.
- Walk in the middle of trails, avoid sitting on logs and leaning on trees.
- Wear a hat and a tuck hair in if possible.
- Wear long sleeve shirts fitted at the wrist.
- Wear shoes, no bare feet or sandals.
- Wear long pants tucked into high socks or duct tape ankles.
- Consider deet for skin and permethrin for clothing.
- Wear white or light color clothing to see ticks better.
- Do tick checks immediately and three days after outdoor activity.
- If you find a tick, remove it immediately.
- Consider prophylactic treatment.
- See a Doctor for treatment if you notice symptoms immediately.
- Check your pets the same as you would yourself.